Standing Strong Term Programs
Standing Strong offers signature programs for children aged 5-17yrs. Here on the Sunshine Coast, I am currently offering term programs, holiday wellness workshops and one to one mentoring for GIRLS aged 7 to 10yo Juniors and 11 to 14yo Tweens.
All of our programs help to encourage, motivate, uplift and empower children and teens to live happy, healthy and inspired lives. Our programs are non-clinical and take a holistic approach to health and wellbeing. We are a community of support, resources and connection for children and families
The Term program is held over 8 weeks during the school term. Having regular weekly sessions is a great way to build trust, create friendly bonds between the girls and achieve lasting outcomes.
The sessions are held after school in the group fitness studio at Suncoast Fitness, 102 Wises Road Maroochydore. Suncoast Fitness is part of a complex offering free car park, a cafe and shops. You do NOT need to be or become a Suncoast Fitness gym member when enrolling your daughter.
I am also open to other locations on the Sunshine Coast as long as we have a minimum of 6 girls attending on a weekly basis and for the whole term. For holidays and week-end workshops, please contact me directly on 0458 773 385 if you are interested in bringing the program into your community.
JUNIOR TERM PROGRAM
LOCATION: SUNCOAST GYM – 102 Wises Road, Maroochydore Qld 4558
MONDAY 11 OCTOBER TO MONDAY 29 NOVEMBER – 8 WEEKS
3:45PM TO 4:45PM – 1HR per week
Each weekly session offers specific topics designed to encourage and inspire boys and girls. This proactive and preventative wellness program supports and empowers children through any challenges they may be facing.
Each weekly session has a focus on connection, belonging, kindness, support and relationship building. New topics and activities are offered each term and can be enjoyed as a once off experience or as a continual program over ongoing terms.
Through the Strong Juniors program kids learn to
- How to adjust to changes in life including school, friends and family.
- How to understand thoughts and feelings by learning emotional intelligence, self-awareness and resilience.
- How to build new and positive friendships.
- How to deal with bullying, competition, failure and life pressure.
- How to create a positive body image and strong sense of self.
- How to live a happy, healthy and inspired life.
Movement, Mindset and Mindfulness will be on the Menu through games, discussions, creative arts and relaxation.
What to bring: water bottle, snacks, comfortable shoes and clothes to move around in and a yoga mat. More details will be sent to you after bookings.
WALK AND TALK TERM PROGRAM
WALK AND TALK PROGRAM– GIRLS 10 TO 14YO
WEDNESDAYS 2:30 – 3:45PM
LOCATION: ALEXANDRA HEADLANDS SURF CLUB (BEACH FRONT)
$135 – 6 week program from 27 October to 1 Dec
The Group of Girls (6 to 10 max) will meet once a week for a Walk and Talk on the beach (see note re location far below)
The session will start with a 20mns walk. The girls will be able to walk at their own pace. Interaction with me and the other girls during the walk will be warmly encouraged.
We will then gather in a private area on the beach or at the bistro at the Alex Heads Surf Club for Mindset conversation and Mindfulness activities.
Each weekly session will have a strong focus on connection, belonging, kindness, support and relationship building.
The benefits of a walk and talk program are many:
- being outdoor especially in nature or on the beach, which has a very grounding effect
- encourage movement and the many positives of walking
- take away the stress that Tweens and Teens might have about not performing an exercise “well enough” (dance, sports, physical activity) and the fear of being judged
- encourage conversations in a more casual environment and without being pressurised
- share experiences with me or/and the other girls
Through the program Tweens learn to
- The importance of health, wellness & self care
- How to understand values, motivation & goals
- How to create a positive body image and strong sense of self
- How to boost confidence & improve self esteem
- How to build resilience & inner strength
- How to manage friendships & create healthy boundaries
- How to understand emotional intelligence
- How to use mindfulness & stress management techniques
What to bring: water bottle, towels, comfortable shoes, or bare feet, and clothes More details will be sent to you after bookings.
Please note that the walk and talk location might vary sporadically depending on circumstances. It might not always be a beach location, although this will always be our preferred option. We will limit the locations to the Maroochydore / Cotton Tree / Mooloolaba / Buderim / Point Cartwright area. If the walk needs to be cancelled due to weather, please note that a different time / day or activity will be offered instead.